We want to hear about it as soon as possible as we take your concerns very seriously. We have a detailed complaint handling and dispute resolution procedures that You may access, at no cost to You.
To obtain a copy of Our procedures, please contact Us on +61 1300 705 031 or email email@example.com.
To assist AGILE with Your enquiries, please provide Us with Your claim or policy number (if applicable) and as much information You can about the reason for Your complaint or dispute. AGILE’s complaints and dispute procedures are as follows:
Stage 1 - Complaint Handling Procedure
If You are dissatisfied with any of AGILE’s products or services and You wish to lodge a complaint, please contact Us at:
The Complaints Officer
Agile Underwriting Services Pty Limited
Level 5, 63 York St Sydney 2000
+61 1300 705 031
We will respond to Your complaint within fifteen (15) business days, or if further investigation or information is required, We will work with You to agree on reasonable alternative timeframes.
Stage 2 – Dispute Resolution Procedure
If You are dissatisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may ask that Your complaint be treated as a dispute and referred to AGILE’s dispute resolution team at:
Internal Dispute Resolution Service
Lloyd’s Australia Limited
Level 9, 1 O’Connell Street Sydney NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 8298 0783
When you lodge your dispute with Lloyd’s, they will usually require the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of the policyholder;
- The type of insurance policy involved;
- Details of the policy concerned (policy and/or claim reference numbers, etc.);
- Name and address of the insurance intermediary through whom the policy was obtained;
- Details of the reasons for lodging the complaint;
- Copies of any supporting documentation you believe may assist Lloyd’s in addressing your dispute appropriately.
Following receipt of your complaint, you will be advised whether your dispute will be handled by either Lloyd’s Australia or the Policyholder & Market Assistance Department at Lloyd’s in London:
- Where your complaint is eligible for referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service Australia (FOSA) or Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA), your complaint will generally be reviewed by a person at Lloyd’s Australia with appropriate authority to deal with your dispute.
- Where your complaint is not eligible for referral to FOSA or AFCA, Lloyd’s Australia will refer your complaint to the Lloyd’s Complaints team in the UK if it falls within the jurisdiction of the UK Financial Ombudsman Service. They will review your complaint and liaise directly with you
- For all other matters you will be advised of what other avenues may be available to you.
How long will the Stage 2 process take?
Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within 5 business days of receipt, and you will be kept informed of the progress of our review of your complaint at least every 10 business days.
The length of time required to resolve a particular dispute will depend on the individual issues raised, however in most cases you will receive a full written response to your complaint within 15 business days of receipt, provided we have received all necessary information and have completed any investigation required.
External Dispute Resolution
If your complaint is not resolved in a manner satisfactory to you or we do not resolve your complaint within 45 calendar days of receiving it at Stage 1, you may refer the matter to FOSA or AFCA as follows:
For complaints lodged on or before 31 October 2018
You may refer the matter to FOSA. FOSA can be contacted by post GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001, phone 1800 367 287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on their website www.fos.org.au
For complaints lodged on or after 1 November 2018
You may refer the matter to AFCA. AFCA can be contacted by post GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001, phone 1800 931 678 or email email@example.com. More information can be found on their website www.afca.org.au
FOSA and AFCA are independent bodies that operate nationally in Australia and aim to resolve disputes between you and your insurer. FOSA and AFCA provide fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. Your dispute must be referred to FOSA or AFCA within 2 years of the date of our final decision. Determinations made by FOSA and AFCA are binding upon us.
Customers not eligible for referral to FOSA or AFCA, may be eligible for referral to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service. Such referral must occur within 6 months of the final decision by the Complaints team at Lloyd’s. Further details will be provided with their final decision to you.
How much will this procedure cost you?
This service is free of charge to policyholders.